Thursday, August 30, 2018

Marquette's College of Business Welcomes New Faculty

LEARN ABOUT OUR NEW MARQUETTE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS FACULTY
The Provost's Office has met with the newest faculty members of the College of Business Administration and compiled the following to help the Marquette community get to know them better. Each new member was asked to respond to three statements.
1. During my first year on campus, I'd like to _____________________.
2. I'd like to connect with colleagues interested in ________________.
3. I'd like to learn more about _________________________________.


COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION NEW FACULTY

Xin (Sophie) LuoXin (Sophie) Luo
Accounting
Assistant Professor
  • During my first year on campus, I’d like to build connections with students and colleagues and create an engaging and effective learning environment in class.
  • I’d like to connect with colleagues interested in business research on public interest and corporate disclosure.
  • I’d like to learn more about interdisciplinary research opportunity and local community.​


Sungjun HuhSungjun Huh
Economics
Assistant Professor
  • During my first year on campus, I’d like to be a good teacher for students, a good colleague to everyone in Marquette University, and a good researcher.
  • I’d like to connect with colleagues interested in finance. I’d also like to connect with those interested in Mathematics and Computer science.
  • I’d like to learn more about how to inspire students economically through my classes.​


Walter MelnikWalter Melnik
Economics
Assistant Professor
  • During my first year on campus, I’d like to connect with colleagues, develop research collaborations, and effectively instruct and mentor students.
  • I’d like to connect with colleagues interested in economics, state and local government policy, sports and outdoor activities.
  • I’d like to learn more about resources for researchers and instructors on campus, Marquette's involvement in the community.​


William LeeWilliam Lee
Management
Instructor of Practice
  • During my first year on campus, I’d like to establish myself as a member of the Marquette community and begin to make an impact on the university and my student’s development.
  • I’d like to connect with colleagues interested in business, innovation and Marquette club hockey.
  • I’d like to learn more about engaging and motivating students in the online environment.​


Richard RuzgaRichard Ruzga
Management
Instructor of Practice
  • During my first year on campus, I’d like to take some classes.
  • I’d like to connect with colleagues interested in local business building/connections.
  • I’d like to learn more about how Marquette operates – Board, Provosts, Deans, VP’s.​


Jessica OgilvieJessica Ogilvie
Marketing
Assistant Professor
  • During my first year on campus, I’d like to become ingrained in the community and culture of MU and the city of Milwaukee.
  • I’d like to connect with colleagues interested in finding impactful ways to connect academia with industry and the community.
  • I’d like to learn more about opportunities to contribute to the Milwaukee community.​


Pamela PetersonPamela Peterson
Marketing
Instructor of Practice
  • During my first year on campus, I’d like to build a solid foundation for new long-term relationships with Marquette students, faculty, administration, employers and other stakeholders in order to deliver truly meaningful outcomes.
  • I’d like to connect with colleagues interested in similar interests -professionally, selling and finance and on the personnel side, interests such as the visual and performing arts, architecture and nature.
  • I’d like to learn more about Marquette University, specifically its mission and traditions.​

Stacie WaitesStacie Waites
Marketing
Assistant Professor
  • During my first year on campus, I’d like to connect with the faculty and students to become a part of the Marquette community.
  • I’d like to connect with colleagues interested in travel and study abroad programs, sustainability, and student engagement.
  • I’d like to learn more about the culture and community of Marquette.​