Marquette’s Finance in New York Program
Marquette University’s Finance in New York Program was launched in the summer of 2018, with students competing for and securing a variety of internships with commercial and investment banks, FinTech firms, hedge funds and securities trading platforms. We’re pleased to report student interest continues to build for the upcoming spring and summer 2019 sessions.
Marquette’s newest applied-learning opportunity enables qualified students to experience living and learning in the world’s financial capital, gain practical work experience, develop mentors via participation in alumni networking events, and experience many of New York City’s cultural venues with enrollment in “The Arts in a Democratic Society,” taught by Dr. Curtis Carter. Student feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
· “Everyone I worked next to was interested in the success of others …. everyone was willing to help me learn.”
· “…. the best part was the exposure to various aspects of accounting and finance …. and the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects with employees in offices across the US and abroad.”
· “My experience with my employer was outstanding. Everyone was extremely kind, patient and knowledgeable.”
· “I really enjoyed being with other Marquette students, especially with the housing ….. made my summer more enjoyable….”
· “I loved the alumni events.”
· “Dr. Carter was amazing …. his knowledge and passion for the arts and the relationships he has in the arts community are a real treasure.”
Importantly, the employers also had positive outcomes, with almost all of the rising seniors participating in last summer’s program receiving offers for full-time employment upon graduation.
This opportunity is available to select juniors and seniors majoring in finance, accounting or economics with a GPA above 3.0. Through the interview process with the program director and other faculty, we further look for students with emotional maturity, strong communication skills, a demonstrated work ethic and track record of achievement.
We believe—and have witnessed—that experiential learning opportunities are among the most effective ways for us to achieve our goal of developing ethical and socially responsible global leaders prepared to compete in complex and dynamic business environments. We are grateful to the many alumni and their employers for helping make this program a reality.
We are currently seeking program support and additional internship opportunities for students. To learn more about Marquette’s Finance in New York Program and how you can be a part of the experience please refer to the Program’s web site at or contact program director Jeff Germanotta at .