The financial crisis of 2008-09 has been called the worst since the Great Depression. To shed light on these difficult economic conditions, Marquette University held an Economic Leadership Forum in January, bringing together a panel of industry leaders and faculty experts to examine the economy from a macro as well as regional perspective, discuss projections for the future, and field questions from an audience of over 400 attendees. The panel, moderated by James H. Keyes Dean of Business Administration Dr. Linda M. Salchenberger, included:
- Dr. Abdur Chowdhury, Professor, Economics
- Dr. David Clark, Chair and Professor, Economics
- Jim Imhoff, Bus Ad '66, Chairman and CEO, First Weber Group Inc.
- Dr. David Krause, Director, Applied Investment Management Program
- Mary Ellen Stanek, Arts '78, Managing Director and Director of Asset Management, Robert W. Baird & Co.
The following video contains extended highlights from the event.