Dr. David Krause, AIM program director announced today that, "The fourth annual Applied Investment Management Forum and reception will be held on Tuesday, January 25, 2011, at Marquette University’s Weasler Auditorium. The event will feature a day of investment-related activities and we look forward to seeing our students, alumni, and friends of AIM interact on campus."
The following is the proposed schedule of events:
- 12:00 – 1:30 pm Dan Fuss’ presentation to the Milwaukee CFA Society (Milwaukee Athletic Club)
- 12:30 – 1:45 pm Dr. Krause’s Investment class (Room 450, Straz Hall)
- 2:00 – 3:45 pm Informal ‘Meet and Greet’ with students, alumni, and guests (AIM Room, Straz Hall)
- 4:00 – 5:30 pm AIM Investment Forum (Weasler Auditorium)
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm AIM reception (Room 225, Alumni Memorial Union)
- 8:00 – 10:00 pm Marquette-Connecticut men’s basketball game (Bradley Center)
|2010 AIM Forum at Marquette University|
|Jim Bianco and David Herro at the 2010 Forum|
The AIM Investment Forum is designed to provide a lively discussion of the current issues impacting the U.S. and global financial markets. The topics in the past have been wide ranging and members of the audience are also able to interact and ask questions of the panelists. After the Investment Forum concludes, a reception will be held in the Alumni Memorial Union, which is followed by the Marquette versus Connecticut men’s basketball game at 8 pm in the Bradley Center.
AIM Investment Forum Panelists' Biographies
- Dan Fuss (Bus Ad '55, Grad '65) is the Vice chairman of Loomis Sayles (Boston, MA) and portfolio manager of the Loomis Sayles Bond Fund. Mr. Fuss was the 2009 Morningstar Fund Manager of the Year award in the fixed income category. He also manages the following Loomis Sayles’ funds: Investment Grade Bond, Investment Grade Fixed Income, Strategic Income, Fixed Income, Institutional High Income, and Global Markets. In 2000, he was named to the Fixed Income Analysts Society’s Hall of Fame. He is a CFA charterholder and is president of the Boston Security Analysts Society.
- Jim Bianco (Bus AD ‘84) is the President of Bianco Research, (Chicago, IL) which produces original financial market research which is followed by leading financial institutions. He is a regular television guest on CNBC, Bloomberg and Fox Business News. He is a Chartered Market Technician (CMT) and a member of the Market Technicians Association (MTA), where he served as a national Vice-President and Chairman of the MTA’s annual seminar. Jim earned his MBA from Fordham University (1989).
- Alan Heuberger is a Portfolio Manager at Cascade Investments (Seattle, WA) and also currently serves as a senior member of the investment committee and is involved in all aspects of portfolio management, including asset allocation strategy. He provides oversight on a variety of direct fixed income, equity, foreign currency and real asset portfolio investments, as well as external managers used by Cascade. Alan received a B.A. degree in economics and mathematics from Claremont McKenna College. He has also earned the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
- Rob Taylor is a Portfolio Manager at Harris Associates (Chicago, IL) for the Oakmark International fund, the Oakmark Global fund, and the Director of International Research. He joined Harris in 1994 and has over sixteen years of investment experience. Rob received his BBA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison (1994) and is a CFA charterholder.
- Tom Pence is Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager for the Fundamental Growth Equity team at Wells Capital Management (Indianapolis, IN). He previously was the Chief Investment Officer of Conseco Capital Management. He holds a B.S. in business from Indiana University and an MBA with honors from the University of Notre Dame. Tom is a CFA charterholder, a director of the Indianapolis Society of Financial Analysts, and a board member of the Reese Investment Fund for Indiana University.