You Can Join the AIM Program Student Equity Presentations on Friday, February 26th at 2:00 pm CST
The AIM student equity pitches take place each Friday afternoon during the semester – either in the AIM Room or at a local investment company. The students prepare and distribute a professional equity write-up (note: every AIM write-up since the inception of the program in 2005 is archived here).
This week’s equity write-ups can be found at:
|Student Presenter||Company Name||Ticker||Sector|
|Daniel Fernandez||Grupo Televisa||TV||International Telecommunications|
|Brendan Duffy||Bank of the Internet||BOFI||Financial Services|
|Mark Lakowske||Cracker Barrel Old Country Store||CBRL||Consumer Staples|
|Wenting (Mavis) Peng||Lazard Ltd.||LAZ||International Financial Services|
|Robert Uhland||Nutrisystem, Inc.||NTRI||Consumer Discretionary|
The students are responsible for making a five-minute pitch before their peers, faculty and any alumni or investment professional in attendance (note: the Friday afternoon equity presentations are also webcast live - see below on how to join the webcast).
Following the student’s pitch the floor is opened for questions and answers for about ten minutes. This has been highly instructive as the students must be prepared to defend their investment recommendation and answer questions in an extemporaneous manner.
How to view the AIM Student Equity Presentations on February 26, 2016:
Webcast Link: https://meet77796088.adobeconnect.com/r39qik9zcqp/
How to comment using Twitter:
Go to the MarquetteAIM Twitter account (you can use Search Twitter on your site) and click Follow
During AIM presentations, go to #AIMpitch and follow the tweets (discussion) on Twitter (it will also be appearing on the Rise Display Board in the AIM Room and on your smartphone)
- Follow the rules of etiquette for using Twitter during AIM pitches
- Use the hashtag #AIMpitch to start each tweet
- Use $TICKER (note: this is called a cashtag and it be should the unique ticker/symbol for the stock that is being presented, ex: $TSLA)
- Keep you comment short because each tweet is limited to a maximum of 140 characters
- Example for Tweeting on a student’s Tesla equity pitch (note: the ticker for Tesla is TSLA):
- #AIMpitch $TSLA How do lower gas prices impact demand for electric cars?