On April 15, 2016, Eight Students in the AIM Class of 2017 Presented Their Stock Recommendations for the AIM Equity Funds
Over 50 students in the AIM Room attended the third set of equity pitches delivered by the Class of 2017 in the AIM Room on Friday. The eight AIM student presentations also were viewed on-line via a webcast by more than 20 alumni and family members across North America.
These presentations also included the opportunity for real-time micro-blogging (via Twitter). During the AIM student equity pitches on Friday more than 20 questions and comments were posted at #AIMpitch at the @MarquetteAIM Twitter site.
|Sarah Hillegass pitched|
Sandex International Corporation
The presenting students have the opportunity to respond to the questions over the weekend before the students vote on whether or not to add the stocks they pitched. The student equity pitches have always been one of the main highlights of the AIM program and the new class did a solid job.
The opportunity for students to actively manage domestic and international equity portfolios has been an important part of Marquette AIM program’s experiential learning. The AIM students who presented on Friday included (Student Name, Fund and Sector, Company Name, and Ticker):
- Leo Martinic, Financial Services, PRA Group, Inc. (PRAA)
- Patrick Wade, Consumer Staples, John B. Sanfilippo & Son (JBSS)
- Sean Keenan, International Financial Services, Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd., (SHG)
- Matthew Ogren, International Consumer Discretionary, Helen of Troy Limited (HELE)
- Sarah Hillegass, Industrials, Standex International Corporation, (SXI)
- Steven Hoffmann, Financial Services, MidWestOne Financial Group, Inc., (MOFG)
- Joseph Kennedy, International Consumer Discretionary, Sands China ADR, (SCHYY)
- Ryan Thern, Technology, REIS, Inc., (REIS)
Their AIM equity write-ups can be accessed at: AIM Equity Write-Ups 4_15_16
Copies of all student presentations since the inception of the AIM program can be viewed at the AIM web site.
|Matthew Ogren pitched Helen of Troy Limited|