You can join the AIM Program Student Equity Presentations in person, online or via Twitter on Friday, April 8tht at 2:45 pm CST
The AIM student equity pitches take place each Friday afternoon during the semester – either in the AIM Room or at a local investment company. Watch the second set of presentations by the students in the AIM Class of 2017.
|Andy Reed pitching EGOV|
|Student Presenter||Company Name||Ticker||Sector|
|Derek Grifka||BAE Systems ADR||BAESY||International Industrials|
|Tyler Sucharzewski||Flamel Technologies SA||FLML||International Healthcare|
|Jaclyn Godwin||Allianz Se||AZSEY||International Financial Services|
|Casey McClelland||Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc.||CRZO||Energy|
|Andrew Szyman||Emergent BioSolutions Inc.||EBS||Healthcare|
|Nick Dykema||Methode Electronics, Inc.||MEI||Technology|
|John O’Connor||Ensign Group, Inc.||ENSG||Healthcare|
This week’s equity write-ups can be found at:
The students are responsible for making a five-minute pitch before their peers, faculty and any alumni or investment professional in attendance (note: the Friday afternoon equity presentations are also webcast live - see below on how to join the webcast).
Following the student’s pitch the floor is opened for questions and answers for about ten minutes. This has been highly instructive as the students must be prepared to defend their investment recommendation and answer questions in an extemporaneous manner.
How to view the AIM Student Equity Presentations on April 1, 2016
- Use the hashtag #AIMpitch to start each tweet
- Use $TICKER (note: this is called a cashtag and it be should the unique ticker/symbol for the stock that is being presented, ex: $TSLA)
- Keep you comment short because each tweet is limited to a maximum of 140 characters
- Example for Tweeting on a student’s Tesla equity pitch (note: the ticker for Tesla is TSLA):
- #AIMpitch $TSLA How do lower gas prices impact demand for electric cars?