TheSeventh Generation Interfaith Coalition for Responsible Investment (SGI) is a coalition of faith and values-driven institutional investors who view the management of their investments as a powerful catalyst for social change.
It is with enthusiasm that we tell students and faculty about the Seventh Generation Interfaith Coalition for Responsible Investment’s (SGI-CRI) 45th Anniversary event/panel discussion. SGI-CRI uses business investments to promote positive change.
45th Anniversary Celebration
· DATE: October 16, 2018
· LOCATION: Marquette’s Alumni Memorial Union
· THEME: Inspired by Faith, Committed to Action
· TIME: 4:00 – 5:30 pm: Panel Discussion
Last spring, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel provided front page coverage of founder Fr. Michael Crosby and his successful effort to effect change at Exxon Mobil.
Marquette students have an opportunity to attend the event on October 16th, 2018 (please contact email@example.com) to express your interest. The event is a wonderful opportunity for students to learn about socially responsible investing and for them to meet numerous business professionals.
As the invitation notes: “We expect to welcome over 150 socially active investors, financial advisors, and business leaders.
We will start with a panel discussion focused on “Impact of Faith-based SRI Investors on Corporations” at 4 pm, followed by a reception with keynote speaker Rev. Dan Crosby who will be honoring the late Rev. Mike Crosby.
An expert panel has been assembled including:
· Rev. David Schilling, Project Director, ICCR (facilitator)
· Miguel Coleta, Sustainability Officer, Philip Morris International
· Brenda Colatrella, Executive Director, Office of Corporate Responsibility, Merck
· Doug Nystrom, Director, Human Rights in Responsible Sourcing, Walmart
· Cathy Rowan, Director of Socially Responsible Investments, Trinity Health
· Duane Roberts, Director of Equities, Dana Investment Advisers
For more information on Seventh Generation Interfaith Coalition for Responsible Investment, please contact me and feel free to forward this message. firstname.lastname@example.org