The AIM Investment Forum and reception are among the major activities of the year for the Applied Investment Management program. The AIM Forum is a reservation-only event that typically includes over 200 guests (students, alumni, and Friends of AIM). The 2011 AIM Investment Forum began with the five AIM students representing Marquette in the CFA Global Investment Research Challenge presenting their stock – Quad/Graphics (ticker: QUAD) [see previous blog]. This was followed by a short question and answer session where the students talked about their equity recommendation and the mechanics of the CFA GIRC Challenge.
|Panel discussion during 2011 AIM Forum|
- Dan Fuss (Bus Ad '55, Grad '65), Vice chairman of Loomis Sayles, Boston , MA
- Jim Bianco (Bus AD ‘84), President of Bianco Research, Chicago, IL
- Alan Heuberger, Portfolio Manager at Cascade Investments, Seattle, WA
- Thomas J. Pence, Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager, Wells Capital Management, Indianapolis, IN
- Rob Taylor, Portfolio Manager and Director of International research, Harris Associates, Chicago, IL
The AIM Investment Forum is designed to provide a discussion of the current issues impacting the U.S. and global financial markets. The topics were wide ranging and members of the audience were able to interact and ask questions of the panelists. A reception followed the Forum where students had an opportunity to interact with the panelist and guests. Dr. Krause said, "The students were truly impressed by this year's AIM Forum panelists. I know that they will remember this event as one of the highlights of their involvement with the AIM program. It was again a successful event. Thanks to everyone who participated."